Our commitment to catering excellence using local products and sustainable practices shines through in our exquisite meals.
'Commitment to catering excellence' - To us it’s not an empty catch phrase, it’s our guiding philosophy - it means fresh local food, expertly prepared using innovative recipes and presentations. SEE OUR FOOD GALLERY We focus on getting it right - being on time, prepared, ensuring the hot food is hot, and the cold food is cold - we sweat the details so you don't have to. We’re friendly, efficient, accommodating and cool under pressure. There’s an art and science to catering, and with our experienced and talented team we’re committed to doing it right every time. MEET OUR TEAM From set up to clean up, the only thing you have to worry about is your guests, and having a great time yourself.
Over 25 years experience
- Professional off-site kitchen & on-site equipment.
- Lead by our talented Executive Chef SURAN GOVENDER.
- A dedicated full-time team of Chefs & food professionals.
- Uniformed chefs and dress codes for servers.
- On-site coordinator at every staffed function.
Local & Community
As a proud Edmonton company, we work closely with other local businesses that have the same commitment to quality that we do. If you're looking for a venue, décor, flowers, equipment or tent rentals, we can assist with a reliable list of trusted local experts that will be happy to help. VISIT THIS PAGE FOR A LIST OF VENUES
- Mercer's wholeheartedly supports our regional food producers with weekly shipments in the growing season from various local farmers and suppliers.
- Grandin Bakery - Fresh baked goods.
- Urban Reclaim - Organic local produce.
- Earth Water - Locally bottled pure Canadian spring water with net profits from the sale of Earth Water used to fund School meals through United Nations World Food Programme.
- Pinocchio Ice Cream - Locally handcrafted ice cream, sorbet & gelato.
- River City Events - Local tent, table and equipment rentals.
- Avenue Magazine - Edmonton's premier lifestyle & events magazine.
- Wild Game Consultants - Local meat & seafood supplier.
- Irving's Farms - Local pork & pork product producer.
- Doef's Greenhouses - Locally grown vegetables.
SUPPORTING OUR COMMUNITY
- Giving back to the community that has helped make us a thriving business is a source of pride for Mercer's. We partner with community outreach programs that involve local Edmonton groups and charities so we can give back and donate to those that need. These groups include: The Bissell Centre, The Mustard Seed Community Support Centre, and the Youth Emergency Shelter
The little things add up. As part of our commitment to continuous improvement, we're always looking for ways to do things better and greener.
- Compostable Disposables - All our disposable plates, napkins, cutlery and packaging we use are made from eco-friendly compostable materials.
- Reusable Platters - all our platters and dish wares are reusable. We wash and sanitize them after every use.
- Energy Efficient Dishwasher - we utilize a state of the art low temperature double wide dishwasher to reduce our energy and water usage while maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitization.
- Laundry Smart - we use only phosphate free detergent and launder our own aprons, chef's jackets and dish cloths.
- Paper Recycling - we have reduced paper usage by relying on our computer software and printing only when necessary. All paper is 80% post consumer recycled.
- Cardboard - all cardboard entering our facility is recycled.
- Lighting and Energy - all lighting in our building is energy efficient. We do not leave ovens on all day (we turn them on as needed). We turn lights and equipment off when not in use, and when purchasing new equipment we prioritize high energy efficient appliances and keep them in top working order.
- Bottled Water - although we supply bottled water if requested, we promote the use of tap water by offering our infused water station. For bottled water, we have recently switched to Earth Water - which is a locally bottled pure Canadian spring water with net profits from the sale of Earth Water used to fund School meals through United Nations World Food Programme. All our staff are encouraged to use reusable water bottles.
- Delivery Vehicles - our vans are low emitting conscious vehicles, and we do our best to minimize trips by combining deliveries and equipment retrieval to avoid extra milage. We encourage staff to car-pool or use public transit.
- Local Suppliers - we focus on using other local businesses whenever possible and incorporate product pick up with our regular deliveries.
- Mercer's Garden - we are blessed to have a large roof top patio where we grow herbs and edible flowers to garnish our platters. We keep it organic by not using any chemical fertilizers or pesticides.
- Leftover Food - any extra food from events is delivered to one of our community partners; The Bissell Centre, The Mustard Seed Community Support Centre, or the Youth Emergency Shelter.
- Reducing Food Waste - we keep a tally of all leftover food from events and adjust our portions accordingly to reduce waste.
- Organic - we choose organic produce and meats raised without the use of steroids or hormones whenever possible.